Monday, May 22, 2017

Best cosplays at 2017 Motor City Comic Con

NOVI, Mich. -- It must be that time of year if I feel like I needed another day for my weekend. That's what happens when I attend the Motor City Comic Con.
Life is good when you can get a bubbly Harley Quinn cosplayer
to take a picture of her giving you a smooch. Even if it was staged!
CARY'S COMICS CRAZE

I was back at the Phat Daddy's Comics booth with my buddy, brother from another mother and fellow comic book fan Jamie Stewart. Phat Daddy (Jamie) and Big Daddy (yours truly) did our best selling comics from the 1970s through early '90s, but when we weren't helping or chatting with customers, we grabbed great pictures of memorable cosplayers.

Without further ado, here are the best cosplays I saw Saturday (if you see yourself or someone you know, leave a comment at the end of this post!):
Think "Home Improvement"...!
CARY ASHBY/CARY'S COMICS CRAZE
Silly selfies have become "a thing" with my buddy, actress Jordan Troviliion, best known her gig
when she was a correspondent for the Comics Contiuum website.
Selfie by JORDAN TROVILLION/CARY'S COMICS CRAZE
I enjoy classy gender-bending takes on superheroes --
having an attractive redhead portraying one of my two favorite heroes doesn't hurt!
CARY ASHBY/CARY'S COMICS CRAZE

This photo doesn't do justice to this great Scarecrow cosplay.
CARY ASHBY/CARY'S COMICS CRAZE

Silk Spectre from "Watchmen"-- not a cosplay I see very often
CARY ASHBY/CARY'S COMICS CRAZE
In case you haven't noticed, I get a kick out of taking photos of me goofin' with cosplayers.
As I told this gorgeous female take on Negan from "The Walking Dead," I always
try to be the victim. Actually, she had had multiple similar requests: "Would  you take a picture with me?
And would you pretend you're assaulting me with the baseball bat?" Ahhhh, con life!
CARY'S COMICS CRAZE

No comments:

Post a Comment