Enjoy! And after this post, LMK what quotes are your favorites.
May 23, 2013 — Since I saw “Star Trek Into Darkness” twice within 24 hours, there’s no doubt I really enjoyed it.
Once again, director J.J. Abrams and his creative crew nail the spirit of the “Star Trek” franchise. Abrams and Co. “get” that while “Trek” is a science fiction franchise, more importantly, the creators know the best and most fascinating part of “Trek” — particularly the U.S.S. Enterprise crew — has always been those relationships.
And when those relationships are truly clicking — as they do in “Into Darkness” — it’s because of two things: 1) The cast chemistry and of course, 2) the dialogue.
Without further ado, here are my favorite quotes from “Into Darkness.”
Beware: There are one or two big-time spoilers. Consider yourself warned.
|GIF courtesy of giphy.com|
• "I believe in you." — Pine to Kirk
• “I watched you murder innocent men and women. I will make you answer for what you’ve done.” — Kirk to Khan
• Kirk (about piloting the shuttle craft through an increasingly smaller space): “See, I told you it would fit!” Spock: “I am not sure that qualifies.”
• “You can’t even break a rule, Mr. Spock. How can you break a bone?” — Khan
• “Let’s go get this sonofabitch.” — Kirk to the Enterprise crew about pursuing Khan, then thought to be John Harrison
• “Mr. Sulu, remind me never to piss you off.” — Dr. Leonard “Bones” McCoy
• Khan: “A wise choice, Mr. Spock. I see all 72 torpedoes are still in their tubes. If they’re not mine, Commander, I will know it.”
Spock: “Vulcans do not lie. The torpedoes are yours.”
• Kirk: “The enemy of my enemy is my friend.”
Spock: “An Arabic proverb attributed to a prince who was betrayed and decapitated by his own subjects.”
Kirk: “Well, it’s still a hell of a quote.”
• “Spock, stop! He’s the only way we can save Kirk! ” — Lt. Nyota Uhura about beating the hell out of Khan
• “There will always be those who mean to do us harm. To stop them, we risk awakening the same evil within ourselves. Our first instinct is to seek revenge when those we love are taken from us. But that’s not who we are.” — Kirk
|Photos courtesy of hotnerdgirl.com|
Spock: “I am expressing multiple attitudes simultaneously, sir — to which one are you referring?”
Pike: “That’s a technicality.”
Spock: “I am Vulcan, sir. We embrace technicalities.”
• “The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one.” — Spock
Kirk: “No more than usual.”
• “That was a great fight.” — Kirk, recalling the bar fight in the previous film before he met Pike
• “Five years in space — God help me.” — McCoy
• “KHAAANNN!” — Spock
Up next in this series is a review of every film in the "Star Trek" franchise: The best of the classic crew and of course, "The Next Generation" and, well, beyond — and then the rest! See you then.