Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Motor City Comic Con photo gallery No. 2

NOVI, Mich. -- Back for more I see! Enjoy another set of pics I took Sunday at the Motor City Comic Con. (My first gallery is available to see here.)
Comic book great Michael Golden (left) is one of my favorite artists.
I particularly dig his DETECTIVE COMICS covers from the 1990s.
AVENGERS ANNUAL No. 10 is one of  the single greatest issues
ever written; it features Golden's killer art and the debut of his co-creation, Rogue.
I was thrilled to have my picture taken with him. He's a hoot and very personable.
CARY'S COMICS CRAZE
As soon as I asked this couple if I could take their picture,
they were ready with this adorable pose. Fun stuff!
CARY ASHBY/CARY'S COMICS CRAZE
I love this little girl's smile! She just owns it as She-Hulk.
She gave me a one-arm flex during my first pic and then at my
request, she showed off the Avengers logo on her denim vest.
Ironically, it looks somewhat similar to my "CA" initials/
artistic signature I've used for the last 30-plus years; it's based on Jim Aparo's.
CARY ASHBY/CARY'S COMICS CRAZE


You don't see this take on Princess Leia often at comic book conventions.
CARY ASHBY/CARY'S COMICS CRAZE
This gorgeous young lady was one of three fans who rocked Ms. Marvel
costumes Sunday at the 2015 Motor City Comic Con.
I love it when fans dress up as superheroes (or superheroines, in this case)
you don't see cosplayed as often.
CARY'S COMICS CRAZE



No comments:

Post a Comment