Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Fantasticon photo gallery 2: 'Star Wars,' villains and Batman fans -- oh my!

TOLEDO -- Back for more I see!

Check out the pics yours truly snapped from the first-ever Fantasticon (April 11 and 12). In the first photo gallery I posted, there are photos of fans dressed as Deadpool, Spider-Man, Mr. Freeze, Gandalf (the "Hobbit" and "Lord of the Rings" trilogies and books -- duh!) and even Silent Bob and Jay -- showing off a Bible of all things!

Two Dynamic Duos!
Yours truly (left) with Toledo author and Batman '66 advocate
Jim Beard -- as you can tell from his T-shirt. Jim joked he felt
like he should be Robin since he's standing behind the Boy Wonder
part of the stand-up. JAMIE STEWART/CARY'S COMICS CRAZE
This time around, we're focusing on the bad guys as well as yours truly and lifelong comic book fan Jamie Steward hanging with Toledo author and Batman '66 advocate Jim Beard, who wrote the highly recommended GOTHAM CITY 14 MILES, 14 essays covering every aspect of the campy "Batman" TV series. Enjoy!

I will be posting one more photo gallery from Sunday's Fantasticon -- this time focusing on the Hottest Band in the World -- KISS! Or at least cosplayers, a KISS-inspired painter and a hot tribute band from Detroit which played the convention. Unfortunately, I wasn't there when War Machine performed, but they were more than willing to pose like pros for photos.

Which one of these doesn't match the others?
From Batman's Rogues Gallery of Villains are Bane and The Riddler.
I'm guessing the girl is Zatanna. But that's just a guess.
CARY ASHBY/CARY'S COMICS CRAZE
Who doesn't dig seeing fans getting their "Star Wars" on?
CARY ASHBY/CARY'S COMICS CRAZE
Sunday was the first time I'd seen a Whiplash cosplayer
in person, if I remember correctly.
CARY ASHBY/CARY'S COMICS CRAZE
Another Dynamic Duo!
My good friend, comic book afficiando Jamie Stewart with Jim Beard.
Jamie sells classic comics at various conventions as Phat Daddy's
Comics & Collectibles; as he says: "Come get ya some!"
CARY ASHBY/CARY'S COMICS CRAZE
Wait -- does this mean I just joined the Dark Side and sold my favorite
pair of droids to junkers?!? ... Nah! I just looooove "Star Wars" -- and always
try to get my picture taken with fans rockin' great costumes.
JAMIE STEWART/CARY'S COMICS CRAZE

No comments:

Post a Comment